June 19, 1985: Yankees (33-29) at Orioles (33-30)

Center fielder Ken Griffey had 2 base hits and 3 RBI and Joe Cowley whiffed 10 batters as the New York Yankees clobbered the outmatched Baltimore Orioles, 18 to 7. 

Cowley(4-6) was solid if not spectacular. He allowed 8 hits and 8 walks in 7 innings. New York kept the scorekeepers busy in the 1st inning with 4 runs on 4 hits, the 4th inning when they had 4 runs on 4 hits and the 6th inning which saw them plate 7 runs on 7 hits. New York had 22 hits for the game and Baltimore had 11. 

Storm Davis(8-4) was the loser. He was hit hard and gave up 10 hits and 2 walks in 3 and 1/3 innings. Cowley was humble when questioned about his performance, 'Well, I felt pretty confident in my pitches tonight. But, I had great support behind me and I just threw what was called. That was an extremely well called game!'