August 14, 1985: Braves (36-77) at Dodgers (68-47)

Fernando Valenzuela allowed only 3 hits resulting in a big goose egg on the scoreboard for Atlanta as the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the awful Atlanta Braves by a score of 3 to 0. 

Valenzuela(13-8) simply dominated Atlanta. He gave up just 3 hits and 1 walk in 9 innings. Valenzuela whiffed an impressive total of 10 Atlanta batters. Both teams' bats went to sleep after the 3rd inning with no runs scored after that point. 

Steve Bedrosian(3-18) was the losing pitcher. He struck out 9 batters in 6 and 1/3 innings despite losing the game. Valenzuela was pleased with his performance. He noted, 'I had good zip on my pitches. Just as important, my location was right on. The fans really got into the game too - that always helps me. Now, if I can only do that again in my next outing.'